Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hello, this toilet is in use?

Ok, so first of all this is my first blog EVER..So you should feel very special to be reading it. Just kidding. I know that this isn't the best first blog either, but I figured I have to start somewhere.

So Jane's parents are going over tonight for dinner and I offered to cook for everyone. So I ran to the store to pickup a few things for dinner. While waiting in a long ass line to check out 16 items. (I thought about putting one thing back so I could go in the 15 items or less line but didn't) It hit me and hit me hard. I needed to use the bathroom. As I bagged my own things then raced to the car the thoughts of the loving toilet consumed my mined. I got home and raced up stairs and through the door to the bathroom. (I didn't close the bathroom door) As I used the loving toilet I thought, do other people leave the bathroom door open while using the bathroom when no one else is home? Is it just me or do other people think that it is a waste of time and energy to close the door if you are the only one home?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally leave the door open when you're not home. The cats come in and stare at me as I pet them with my unclean hands. (Well, actually, this is all before wiping. Technically my hands are still clean at this point.) That is why they love me more.

Unknown said...

okay, here's the dangerous part of not closing the door when alone in the house. say, you're alone in the house and you have some complex toilet paper oragami to make and you hear the front door open. there are a lot of relationships where both parties choose to ignore the fact that the other party has bodily functions to attend to and they are happy like that. however, you hear the front door open and think, "the bathroom door is too far away to just lean over and close..." what happens then? do you risk being forced to admit that you have bodily functions?? is the relationship worth that? why not just close the door while you attend to it, that way if anyone comes home while you're busy, you can simply come out looking perfect and tell them that you just finished doing your hair.

btw, i leave the door open when i'm home alone too.